Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 2 quick thoughts after a great day of work

The sights, sounds, and yes the smell of today was overwhelming. We just got back from a very productive day.

I am not sure where to start with my thoughts.

As I start to write it is pouring rain and I am thinking of all the children we have seen today and how for the majority of them, the place they call home probably has rain water leaking from the roof or the water is just running into their home.

I am in a nice retreat house safe and dry; I just took a cold shower and feel refreshed. Waiting for dinner in a about ½ an hour.

Steven Basile made this comment when we were at the “dump”: "pictures and movies do not tell the complete story, you have to smell this to understand what is going on in a place like this."

Again, so many different feelings and thoughts today, I will break them down later with pictures.

A quick one is when we were in the nursery and Ben was dancing with the children and he started the center dance with his "shimmy shake" move and then we all had to do it. The children just grab at your heart and soul. The smiles are so wide and bright.

More later, off to dinner and then reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment