Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 4: an overview

Many tasks were completed today: new toilets in the nursery, and door locks were changed. Other fix-it- up projects were done along with people again helping out in the nursery, reading, bathing, playing.

I have not been able to do that yet but everybody who has has said it is very rewarding.

The BIG PROJECT was cutting grass. I can only tell you, I have never worked so hard in my life. Now my age might have something to do with it but you add heat and humidity and the physical activity of swinging that machete, all I can say is I did my best.

The best I could do was work maybe 5 minutes then take a 15 minute break. We were the MACHETE MACHINE (Peter, Nick, Ben, Paul, Tim, and John) they worked 20 to 30 minutes at a time with about a 5 to 10 minute break in between. They were amazing! Parents when your sons get home, ask them about cutting grass. You should know when Steven, Ashlynn and Catherine got done with their work they also came and helped out. Cutting grass by hand is very humbling.

I have attached the pictures I took today that cover a lot, including what we see when we drive to the work site. Some friends of mine gave me school supplies and I have a picture of us giving some of them to one of the classes (Thank you Tim and Deb).
Some pictures show us riding in the back of a truck just like native Hondurans. Other pictures show our activities with the children and of course cutting grass, enjoy the pictures.

We also learned how to sharpen our machetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment