Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Going viral

Working in the Healthcare field “going viral” might be a negative phrase, but in the world of the Internet it is a good thing.

Various team members have brought it to my attention that I have a lot of people following my “SteveinHonduras” blog.

I replied “but I only have 7 people signed up as followers.” As it has now been explained to me, “ number of followers” and “hits” are two completely different ways of monitoring who is looking at your web page.

In fact, I have been told I have had over 700 hits so far. I cannot believe that many people are following what I am posting.

I also understand that UDJHSA has me linked to a facebook page (I do not have a facebook page) so I am sure a lot of CUBS are following this because we have “CUBS” on this trip that are all alumni.

So I have been thinking why not use this blog for some good.

There are many needs where we are working. For instance, they were running low on diapers at the nursery, so a few of us chipped in and bought some diapers tonight (children with “stinky pants” in any country is not a good thing).

In that spirit, I would like call to your attention that International Samaritan has a web page that allows people to donate.

If we have 600 people reading my posts and each person gave $10.00, we could raise some serious money to help address basic needs down here.

So for the next few days, if you are reading this blog, please donate.

Here is how you can do it.

Just click on the word donate on the International Samaritan page and fill out the information.

Let them know it is for Honduras.

Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment