Tuesday, August 2, 2011

End of a busy Day

The pictures you will see are just random pictures I took today. Transportation is so important here. Anything that can be made move people or trade is used.

Today in fact walking back from the nursery, a horse just came running down the road, nobody on it just went right by me.

You see kids riding on anything they can get their hands on.

The housing you will see is right b y the school it is a “squatter’s village”. Tonight it was raining and again I was thinking of the family with the holes in the roof and the water just running through the house and the floors just all muddy.

Today at lunch my son Nick was just wiped out and he got in a “cat nap”.

But most of all the interaction with the children is “priceless”. Our team has just embraced this activity. It is something to see.

Every time we have a break in the action children are attracted to us.

Many of the team mebers can talk in spanish and it is interesting as they try to find words to express what is going on.

I can barely speak English but I am trying my best at Spanish.

I have a few pictures of the main church as we drove by it today and the city main square.

In one of the many conversations that go on ; Ben made a statement that hit home for me. We were talking aabout my "picking" activity. He reminded me of the bible story of the lady who could only give 2 cents but it is all she had and it was the best she could at the time. He said Mr. Kovach you gave your best all day what more could anybody ask for.


I hope you enjoy the pictures. Time for bed. Day 4 has new adventures for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment